Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI), the Clinical Research Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Manoach Lab with a focus on study implementation, administrative and financial matters. Drawing on a broad understanding of Hospital practices and policies concerning clinical research, and displaying a high degree of initiative and independent judgment, the Lab Manager will monitor and direct the research program including research grant administration, budget and personnel management. S/he will also contribute to data acquisition and processing when needed.
Must be a high performer with well-developed organizational, analytic and communication skills capable of working independently. This position will involve collaborating with colleagues, research programs and labs in other departments and institutions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and monitors clinical research coordinators in conducting studies including: developing, evaluating and maintaining adherence to standard operating procedures for study protocols; participant recruitment and retention; database development and management; sample collection, processing and shipment. Resolves problems; works with staff to identify and implement system improvements.
- Develops, implements and oversees record keeping for studies including maintenance of Clinical Research Folders and Master Binders in accordance with IRB and HIPAA guidelines
- Takes a lead role in implementing new research protocols, working in tandem with research coordinators. Liaises with the Clinical Research Center, Laboratories, pharmacy, and collaborators, participates in data acquisition when needed, participates in project meetings.
- Works with the PI to oversee and manage the lab budget, including adjusting salary distributions.
- Verifies the accuracy of monthly financial reports and provides detailed updates to the PI.
- Submits and monitors grant proposals via InfoED and is the liaison to the Departmental Research Grants Administrator and Partners Research Management team.
- Manages purchasing; Maintains study equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Manages the hiring process.
- Prepares, submits, tracks, and manages all IRB correspondence & submissions
- Submits study progress reports as required.
- Assists in manuscript writing and preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree (MA/MS/MPH) preferred.
- Preferably 3 or more years of experience in clinical research or related experience.
- Scientific background is preferred.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytic skills: can understand financial data and manage a complex grant portfolio.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (in all mediums) skills.
- Leadership ability: can provide support and direction to staff.
- Fluency with and ability to independently learn spreadsheet, database, word processing programs.
- Experience and familiarity with InfoEd and eRA Commons and ASSIST is a plus.
- Can work independently, checking-in when necessary.
- Comfort working with clinical research populations.
Please apply online for Job Number 3090149: https://www.massgeneral.org/careers/jobsearch.aspx